Collegiate members of MMTA are encouraged to participate in the activities at their institution and the following:
State Conference in November (competitions, guest artist recital, commissioned composer recital)
Collegiate Luncheon at the State Conference
Collegiate Poster Sessions at the State Conference (new as of 2019)
Collegiate poster sessions
The poster submission deadline has been extended from September 30th to October 7th (see below).
Beginning in 2019, MMTA has hosted collegiate poster sessions at its state conference. The purpose is to disseminate research between music educators and provide professional development opportunities for current college students in Missouri.
Eligibility: Current undergraduate and graduate students that study in Missouri or a neighboring state. All applicants must be members of MTNA at the time of application and during the conference.
Time and Location: Friday, November 4, 2022 at Southeast Missouri State University
September 30, 2022 October 7th
Notification of Acceptance:
October 7, 2022 October 14th
Submission Requirements: posters representing empirical research, musicological research, practical teaching applications, and collegiate chapter activities are welcome. You will be required to submit the following:
- Your contact information: name, current address, Email, phone, school affiliation
- Poster Title
- 250-word abstract detailing what the poster will represent.
- Computer-generated representation of the poster in PDF or JPEG format. Size should be 30×40 inches.
- 50-word bio (please include the name of the school you are currently attending)
- Headshot with a resolution of at least 300 dpi
- By submitting a poster, you are consenting to MMTA’s use of your name, poster title, bio, headshot, and abstract in public materials and will not hold MMTA or its affiliates liable for any and all damages related to its use.
- Selected posters must present their work in person. Students whose posters are selected will receive a $100 stipend to attend the conference.
- MMTA will furnish a table in which the poster may be placed.