Collegiate members of MMTA are encouraged to participate in the activities at their institution and the following:
State Conference in November (competitions, guest artist recital, commissioned composer recital)
Collegiate Luncheon at the State Conference
Collegiate Poster Sessions at the State Conference (new in 2019)
Collegiate poster sessions
Starting in the fall of 2019, MMTA will start hosting collegiate poster sessions at its state conference. The purpose is to disseminate research between music educators and provide professional development opportunities for current college students in Missouri.
Eligibility: Current undergraduate and graduate students that either study in Missouri or have a permanent residence in Missouri but study outside the state. All applicants must be members of MTNA at the time of application and during the conference.
Time and Location: Saturday, November 9, 2019 (exact time TBD)
Missouri State University, Springfield, MO
Application Deadline: September 30, 2019
Notification of Acceptance: October 7, 2019
Submission Requirements: posters representing empirical research, musicological research, practical teaching applications, and collegiate chapter activities are welcome. You will be required to submit the following:
- Your contact information: name, current address, Email, phone, school affiliation
- Poster Title
- 250-word abstract detailing what the poster will represent.
- Computer-generated representation of the poster in PDF or JPEG format. Size should be 30×40 inches.
- 50-word bio (please include the name of the school you are currently attending)
- Headshot with a resolution of at least 300 dpi
- By submitting a poster, you are consenting to MMTA’s use of your name, poster title, bio, headshot, and abstract in public materials and will not hold MMTA or its affiliates liable for any and all damages related to its use.
- Selected presenters must present their work in person and will be responsible for all expenses related to the creation of their poster and travel costs.
- MMTA will furnish a table in which the poster may be placed.