Why Join MMTA?
The Missouri Music Teachers Association is dedicated to improving the quality of studio teaching of all kind of music teachers–piano teachers, voice teachers, and instrumental teachers.
Why should music teachers join MMTA?
Local, state and national competitions, auditions, and festivals sponsored by MTNA, MMTA, and local MTAs help bring out the best in your students.
- Local Music Teachers Associations (MTAs), found in many cities throughout Missouri, foster ties among local music teachers. Local MTAs hold monthly meetings where topics of interest are discussed, special speakers brought in, and teaching demonstrations and master-classes held.
- MMTA State Conferences, held yearly, bring artists and presenters of national caliber to Missouri.
- MTNA Certification validates your studio teaching credentials for students, parents, and community members.
- MMTA Notes and MTNA’s American Music Teacher magazine bring teaching ideas and research into your home, keeping you abreast of current trends in music teaching and connected to the state and national music teaching community.
- If you are a music student at a college or university, many Missouri colleges and universities have Student MTA Chapters. If your school does not have a chapter yet, please talk to us about forming one!
How to Join MMTA?
Please visit the MTNA website for more information about becoming a member, and consider contacting the local MTA for your area to find out what’s happening and how to get involved….
- (Individual membership year: July 1st – June 30th)
- (Student membership year: October 1st – September 30th)