What is Matching Grant?
Each year the MMTA Executive Committee appropriates funds for local association grants. Grants are used to fund events such as workshops and lectures presented for the benefit of the local association’s members. Each local association awarded a grant must match the amount dollar for dollar. Applications are reviewed and voted on at the Spring Executive Committee meeting to be awarded for the next academic year.
How can we apply?
Applications are sent to Christopher Madden, Vice President of Local Associations and Student Chapters by e-mail no later than September 30, 2023 or by US Mail postmarked by September 28, 2023 for grants for the 2023-2024 year. The MMTA Executive Committee will review the applications according to the guidelines set forth in the matching grants information letter. The application form is available here.
1. Each year the MMTA Executive Committee appropriates funds for local association grants.
2. Applications are reviewed and voted on. Send applications to the Vice President for Local Associations by e-mail no later than September 30, 2023 or by US Mail postmarked by September 28, 2023. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
3. The MMTA Executive Committee will review the applications according to the guidelines.
1. Local associations applying for grants must have 100% state membership.
2. Grants can be used for any local association project with the exception of fund raising (e.g. to purchase a piano).
3. A local association applying for a grant must provide a match of local funds to help underwrite the project.
4. A local association may not apply for a grant for the same project within a five-year period.
5. No grants will be given on a retroactive basis.
6. No grant will be given to a local association in consecutive years.
7. A report on the outcome of the grant project must be submitted to the MMTA Executive Board. Send the project report to the Vice President for Local Associations within 60 days of completion.
8. Local Associations receiving grant money are responsible for acknowledging the MMTA in publicity by including a statement such as “This event is funded in part by a grant from the Missouri Music Teachers Association.”
9. The proposed grant project must take place between December 1st, 2023 and November 30th, 2024. Grant money is issued by the treasurer by check and must be cashed no later than April 30th, 2024.