REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
- Register all students at the MMTA District Auditions registration page (opens in a new window). This is a simple Google form. You must complete the entire form for each student. You will receive an Email receipt.
- After registering all students, proceed to the District online payment section available here (opens in the same window). Make sure you pay all fees at that time.
- Wait to receive the schedule.
Online payment is available here.
Online Application Deadlines
|MMTA District VI:||Aug 28|
|MMTA Districts I – V and VII:||Sept 4|
|State Auditions:||Oct 1|
|District I||Michelle Rautmann|
|District II||Xin Gao|
|District III||Aine Wendler|
|District IV||Nancy Dreier|
|District V||Wei-Han Su|
|District VI||Caroline Hixson|
|District VII||Rebecca Fulgham|
State Auditions Date and Location
|Location:||Missouri State University, Springfield, MO|
|Date:||November 7-10, 2019|
|Member Teacher Registration Fee:||$20 ($100 for non-member for District Auditions only)|
How to register for State Auditions online
Information for state auditions registration will appear above after all district auditions have concluded.
How to check the schedule and room
- This information will be sent directly to each teacher that has students registered.
Sheet Music Regulation
- Your students must bring original scores with measures numbered and all personal identifying marks are covered or removed.
- Photocopies may not be made in order to avoid purchasing scores needed for performers, accompanists, or adjudicators.
- A Music Release Form must be signed for any form of photocopies or printed sheet music being used.
Please have your MMTA students check in with the ROOM MONITOR of their assigned room at least 30 minutes before their scheduled audition time. (No check-in for Pre-Collegiate students at the registration desk but do so at the scheduled room)
You will find the practice rooms on the campus. The practice time will be scheduled and announced in advance. The room schedule will be posted each room.
Student Identification Number
Please instruct your students to remember their student ID number as this is how they will be addressed during the audition.
- All students will receive a certificate. Medals will be awarded to students receiving Runner-Up, Honorable Mentions, or I ratings. The Winner will receive a trophy.
- Results will be announced and posted on the site shortly after each category concludes.
- Students that place (winner, runner-up/alternate, etc.) will also be announced on the MMTA website.
- Students or their teachers are strongly recommended staying in order to obtain their comment sheets and/or certificates at the State auditions (at least 20 minutes after the event has been completed-check the front desk). MMTA will no longer automatically mail awards/certificates that are not picked up after the State auditions. Each teacher must contact the appropriate Chair for the comments/awards, and he or she will be asked to pay a $5 fee for the mailing.
- The full schedule will be available after the registration.